Start a Dog Park – Ten Steps
A dog park is a dedicated public area, where people and their dogs can play together and offer a wealth of benefits to dogs, pet parents, and the community.
10 Steps for Creating a Dog Park
- Start with a core group of committed dog park activists.
- Hold a public meeting.
- Educate your fellow dog owners on the need to be responsible.
- Write a clear mission statement for the need and purpose of the park.
- Choose a site.
- Create a budget.
- Be patient and flexible.
- Set park rules
- Design the park layout and key elements
- Establish a park maintenance budget and upkeep plan.
With good planning, group input, and a focus on your goals, planning and establishing a dog park will be a fun and productive project that enhances your community.